My Guide Website?
Bristol: Brunel’s Iconic Engineering Self-Guided Audio Tour
Explore the life of Brunel, an engineering genius, through his best-known creations on this self-guided audio tour. Experience the magic of GPS playback on this immersive stroll through Bristol.
- Find out how nearly dying brought legendary engineer Brunel to Bristol
- Hear from producer Ste Russel, an experienced tour guide
- Do it all in an hour or go at your own pace
- Get unlimited use before and after your booking date
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionLearn about Bristol through the life and work of master engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel on a walking tour that takes in two of his most iconic constructions. We’ll start out from the city centre docks at the world's first transatlantic steam ship, the SS Great Britain, and make our way along the mostly pedestrianised riverside to the Clifton Suspension Bridge Viewpoint, where you’ll have magnificent views of the bridge and the impressive Avon Gorge below it. Highlights include: The story of Brunel’s near-death experience, which brought him to Bristol in the first place Views of the SS Great Britain, the boat that bridged the gap between the UK and America The Brunel Swivel Bridge, which Brunel abandoned Views of the River Avon, the Avon Gorge and the magnificent Clifton Suspension Bridge, which was only completed after Brunel’s death in 1859 The abandoned Clifton Rocks Railway By the end of this tour, you’ll have a better appreciation for both Brunel’s rapidly industrialising world and what he did to give shape to the world we live in today.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English VoiceMap app for Android and iOS Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- The tour uses a mobile app. You will need to download the app and then use the voucher code provided to download the tour It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It is best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point When the download is complete, you will see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom£4.12Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today