My Guide Website?
Bristol: Self-Guided Craft Beer Tour with Optional Tasting4 Reviews
Immerse yourself in Bristol's incredible craft beer scene on a self-guided tour with an your audio guide. Add an optional guided tasting to try 3 beers at one of the breweries along your tour route.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bristol:If youʻre booking your trip to Bristol last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Follow along with your downloaded audio tour and discover Bristol's beer scene
- Explore at your own pace, choosing where you want to stop for a drink
- Visit a traditional English pub where you can sit in the beer garden with a pint
- Relax with a craft beer at any of the Bristol breweries along the tour route
- Learn about brewing, fun local facts, and stories as you explore Bristol
DescriptionDid you know Bristol has more breweries per capita than any other English city? There is so much to learn about Bristol's beer scene and an audio tour has been made so that you can discover it for yourself, at your own pace, with all the insider knowledge. The tour begins at the historic Bristol Temple Meads train station. As you walk, you'll first hear the story behind Isambard Kingdom Brunel's engineering achievement before being introduced to the scale of Bristol's beer scene. As you slowly build up your thirst, learn about the first stop, a little brewpub in a railway arch. Feel free to pop inside and continue the tour at your leisure. Enjoy a beer brewed on-site or choose from an excellent selection of beers in a variety of styles such as Pale Ales, IPAs, sours, and stouts. Continue to your next stop, Bristol's first brewery taproom, and learn about why it is unique and important to the current beer scene. If you book the guided beer tasting option, this will take place. Otherwise, arrive at your leisure and relax inside or in the sunny beer garden. On your way to the next taproom, discover why breweries are commonly found in industrial estates, learn about the brewing process, and be fully armed with information about the brewery you are about to arrive at. Here you will find traditional cask ales alongside modern craft beer styles. Next up is an award-winning traditional English pub, owned by a Bristol brewery. There's a fire for colder days and a beer garden for the warmer months. If you choose to stop here, you won't be disappointed as this local pub has a drink for everyone's tastes. Before reaching the next cluster of breweries, your audio guide will tell you about and describe how to reach other taprooms and brilliant local bars for another time or after your tour. You will also learn some interesting history about the Old Market area. If you are still after another little rest, there are two taprooms within just a minute of each other. So, after being shown the Bristol and Bath railway path and hearing some local's tales, discover the background story of both breweries and you can decide in what order, if any, to finish your evening.
IncludesSelf-guided audio tour for 1 device/person Guided tasting with 3 small beers of your choice, all brewed on site (if option selected)
- You must have an Android or iPhone to be able to download the audio tour, and a set of headphones. To avoid using mobile data while walking, you can download the tour in advance There are enough stops and advice to keep you entertained for more than one day. You can take the tour in two parts over a weekend or more All of the stops along the tour, also serve ciders, wines, and soft drinks Booking the beer tasting option? If you want time for more than a half pint at the first stop (a brewpub), start earlier. Aim to leave there 50 minutes after your start time. You can start up to 35 mins late if you skip the first stop You must be over the age of 18 or the legal drinking age in your country of residence. Please carry your ID so you can prove your age if needed. Accompanied children are welcome in most of the venues before 8:00 PM