My Guide Website?
From Bristol: 2-Day Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford & Cotswolds
Discover Great Britain's history as you explore the world-famous Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bristol:If youʻre booking your trip to Bristol last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Bristol: Self-Guided Sightseeing Audio Tour
- Aerospace Bristol Entrance Ticket
- Gloucester and Lacock Harry Potter Day Tour
- Visit the gothic national icon, Tintern Abbey on the banks of River Wye
- Drive through and explore the iconic region known as the Cotswolds
- Feel blissful as you wander the picturesque village of Chipping Campden
DescriptionDay 1 Departing Bristol, your journey begins with a scenic drive through what is considered the birthplace of British tourism and the birthplace of the industrial revolution. We’re talking about Wye Valley, of course, which is dubbed an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. You’ll love the views of this region as we head towards Tintern Abbey on the banks of River Wye. There’s some fascinating history behind this now-roofless national icon which was founded in 1131. Afterwards you make your way to the market town of Ross-on-Wye where you have free time to explore and grab a bite to eat. Then it’s time to head to Broadway. No, we’re not talking about seeing a stage production, we’re talking about the picturesque village in the Cotswolds. This is a great time for a spot of shopping, or simply wander and enjoy the town before heading to Stratford-upon-Avon, your base for the night. You arrive in the birthplace of Shakespeare in the mid-afternoon so there’s still some time to explore and sort yourself out for dinner. You’re spoilt for choice in Stratford-upon-Avon. Perhaps you’ll explore the Schoolroom and Guildhall, where Shakespeare was first inspired by literature and theatre. Or perhaps you’ll visit his childhood home and hear tales of his family life. Day 2 You’ll feel as if you’ve stepped into a movie today. Your first destination is considered one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in the UK. Wander around the picturesque village of Chipping Campden before heading to Bourton-on-the-Water. Quite a literal name, as this village boasts the beautiful River Windrush running through it, and is known as the Venice of the Cotswolds. You continue onto Oxford, your main stop for the day. Famously known for its university, the city of Oxford has an interesting history and plenty of things to do and see. You can learn about some of it at the Ashmolean Museum, Britain’s oldest public museum. If museums aren’t your thing, there’s always Oxford Castle & Prison, a tour of some of the colleges around town, and even several Harry Potter locations to spot. Enjoy a relaxing drive back through some of England’s Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the perfect way to end your day as you head to Bristol where your tour ends in the early evening.
IncludesAdmission to Tintern Abbey will be included 1 night B&B accommodation with breakfast Transportation in a luxury 16-seat mini coach Professional local driver/ guide
- We do not accept children under 5 years old Transportation is by top-of-the-range 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach for a more personal experience Please bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour. Accommodation: We use a selection of small, locally owned, guest houses and B&Bs in the town of Stratford-upon-Avon. All rooms are ensuite. The guesthouses may be up to 20-minutes walk from the town center. For individual travelers please select the single accommodation option. For 2 or more people traveling together, please choose the twin room shared option You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tour. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items