My Guide Website?
From Bristol: Somerset Cheese and Glastonbury Day Tour
Take a day trip from Bristol to explore Somerset and Glastonbury on a day of cheese and countryside. See filming locations in Wells, explore Glastonbury Abbey, and visit a town called Cheddar.
- Visit the stunning county of Somerset, home to over 500 ancient monuments
- Plenty time to enjoy the countryside village of Cheddar known for it's cheeses
- See how the beautiful town of Glastonbury is more than just it's festival
- Time to quench your thirst and visit the Burrow Hill Cider Farm
DescriptionLeaving Bristol behind, it’s time to explore the city of Wells. It may not seem big enough to be a city, but Wells has held city status since medieval times due to the presence of Wells Cathedral. Take a wander around England’s smallest city and take in the beautiful cathedral that has been used as a filming location in many films, including The Huntsman: A Winter’s Tale and the TV show Wolf Hall. Next, it’s Glastonbury, a stop you won’t want to miss because there’s so much to do here. You can choose to hike up to Glastonbury Tor for an incredible view of the countryside. Take a peaceful stroll around the Chalice Well, which has links to King Arthur and the waters of Avalon. Explore the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey. Or simply wander the streets and try not to spend all your money. Time to quench your thirst at Burrow Hill Cider Farm, a stunning apple orchard that sits on 180 acres in beautiful Somerset. They’ve been pressing cider for over 200 years, so it’s no surprised they were granted the UK’s first ever full cider-distilling license back in 1989. Enjoy a tasting in the shop or even simply wander the lovely orchard grounds. The last stop of the day is a visit to the village of Cheddar. We know what you’re thinking: is the whole place made of cheese? If only. However, you should definitely get yourself some cheese while in town. This is a beautiful little spot and we know you’ll have a great time exploring it. Not to mention, we take a scenic drive through the jaw-dropping Cheddar Gorge before we head back to Bristol.
IncludesDriver/Guide Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Minimum age to participate is 5 years
- Meals and refreshments will not be provided. •You are restricted to 14 kilograms (31 lbs) of luggage per person on the tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom£49.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today